Monday, March 16, 2009

To Frog or not To Frog


I am trying to decide what to do with this sweater I knit this for Buddy. He is 7 years old and loves green. This is the Drive Thru sweater and I love it! Unfortunately, it looks like a really bad remake of an ugly sweater from the 70's on him. I knit the 8y0 size and lengthened the sleeves and body by 2 inches to fit his measurements. But when he wears it he looks like it was knit onto him and will never come off. Should I frog?

The colors look really good on Buddy. He likes it well enough but I see something different. It is tight in the chest. It is hard to get in and out of it. I am really considering frogging it (rip-it out).




PROJECT DETAILS Pattern: Drive Thru by Wendy Bernard

Needle size: US 8 and US 6

Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Worsted


Jade 5 balls
Squirrel heather Less than 1 ball
Black Less than 1 ball
Truffle Less than 1 ball

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is gorgeous! Can't say I know what to advise, find a smaller person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto the pp, find someone who it fits and give it to them and start over on another one for your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not be adverse to finding someone else to fit the sweater except that I promised Buddy a sweater and I don't have enough of the yarn to make another. I have promised him one before and he is the one child that has not had anything made for him yet. So yeah, a lot of motherly guilt associated with this one.

    ReplyDelete