Friday, February 26, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

Backlit Brie softened

I know that it has been way too long since my last post. Considering that it was about the fair last fall is a sad, sad commentary on my posting skills. So to finally kick off the new year (I know that it is almost March but this is my first post of the year so please forgive me), I am going to share my favorite things of late.

I have finally, with my oldest daughter almost 10 years old, discovered that I like to do my girls' hair. This is an amazing thing considering that usually they look like this...

I am a rock star

And yes, that is a goofy hat on backwards.


An online friend posted some pictures of some fantastic curlers that I knew I needed immediately and so I ran to Sally's Beauty supply and bought these spiral curlers that have been an Hallelujah opportunity for me. I'm sure you remember those terrible foam curlers that your mom put in your hair every Saturday night for church the next morning. I don't know about you but always by Sunday morning at least one if not several had fallen out in the night and I was left with stick straight hair in some places and super tight curls that didn't relax until Tuesday in other places. Then I bought these and put them on Doller Heart.


Curlers in Hair

The don't fall out. They are not heavy. And they make amazing curls!

Brie curly posing

This was without any styling product on her hair. So I decided to do Pie Girl's hair for church and this is what my nonskills were able to do.

Paige's curly hair

I love these things!!!! You must get some.

Now for my final favorite thing of the day, a fantastic website that has me going crazy with all of the things I want to make: www.knockoffwood.com. It is completely brilliant and I can spend hours on here and on the Facebook fan page looking at real projects. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back!

    Your girls are soo cute...but YOU like to do hair!!! LOL Whatever it takes to make life easier.

    ReplyDelete